Nicholas Clay Jasper
• Favorite Quote:
Hey, Cletus!! Watch this!!
• What do you do at AEO:
Use 'rithmutick to figger stuff out
• What are your credentials/past experience, for working in your position?
Professional Engineer. University of Idaho BSCE 1982
• What do you like about working at AEO?
We have a great team. We all get along and help each other.
• What’s your background?
I was born in Arkansas in 1948. I spent 10 years in the US Army. After the Army I worked in the nuclear industry building power plants. I also worked on the Space Shuttle project building the solid rocket booster manufacturing plant. I helped start Alliance Engineering in 1998.
• What are the values that drive you?
Fairness and equality. Everyone needs some help. Everyone can provide help. I don't have a good enough memory to tell a whole lot of lies.
1. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working? I read a lot. In the summer I ride motorcycles. In the winter I make kitchen knives.
2. In another life, I'm pretty sure I was an errant knight.
3. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd start a napping, motorcycle riding, knife making company. And, you know, keep working here.
4. The best piece of advice I've ever been given is "You are what you tell yourself".
5. If I could invent a holiday, it would definitely involve more than just ONE day. I'm thinking that we ought to find an excuse to take off a whole week!.
6. What advice would you give a candidate who wants to join our team of superstars? Don't apply unless you find joy in hard, challenging and useful work. Commit. No one knows everything; no one knows nothing. Ask questions.
7. If I weren't so damn good at my job, I'd probably be a Smoke Jumper.
8. Cats or dogs? Duh! Both!
9. My favorite word in the English language is peace. And motorcycles, of course.
10. My favorite word that has no direct English translation is Motorraddenzooningrinnin. A German word for the smile you get at 140 mph.
11. What's the most inspiring part of your job? Being able to help solve problems.
12. The most important thing I learned before high school was how to shoot a .22 and sharpen a knife.
13. If I were a superhero, my superpower would be napping
14. When I was 5, I was pretty sure I'd be an engineer and a soldier when I grew up.
15. If you were a pasta shape, what shape would you be and why? Strozzapreti . It means "Priest Strangler" in Italian.